Safeguarding minoritised languages in a global world: protecting and promoting the Galician language.
Funding: Michael Beverley Innovation Fellowship
Summary: The project focusses on safeguarding Galician, a minoritised language in north-west Spain undergoing a process of language shift, as younger generations increasingly speak Spanish. The main goal of the project is to work with the community to develop sustainable solutions to foster language maintenance and minimise language-based discrimination. The main activities involve collaborating with teachers and local groups to co-create innovative educational materials and initiatives.
- The role of social factors in bilingual speech processing: the case of Galician New Speakers.
- Sociolinguistic Awareness in Galician Bilinguals: Evidence from an Accent Identification Task
- The effects of language dominance switch in bilingual: Galician new speakers'' speech production and perception
- O papel dos factores sociais no procesamento da fala bilingüe.
- The role of social factors in bilingual speech processing: the case of Galician New Speakers